CAA Driver Proficiency Program
Join us at Touchstone Farm this Spring to prepare for evaluation at Level 1 or Level 2 of the . The purpose of this program is to help to increase your awareness and knowledge of driving, and demonstrate safe and correct carriage driving.
Fireside chat sessions include:
- Active, lively presentations and games to enhance your knowledge of carriages, harnesses, horsemanship, and "rules of the road" - all of which are needed for CAA proficiency
- Plenty of time for questions
- A delicious meal
- Hands-on activities, as time and weather permit (it is winter, alas)
2016 Schedule - Fireside Chats and Driver Proficiency Evaluation
Feb 14, 12-4:30 (registration deadline Feb 10)
Fireside Chat and Lunch - Introduction to CAA Driver Proficiency Program with Holly Pulsifer and Susan Koso.Topics include:
- About the Driver Proficiency Program and Evaluation
- CAA curriculum for Level 1 and Level 2
- Different types of carriages and harnesses and their care
- Horsemanship and conditioning for driving horses
Mar 5, 12-4:30 (registration deadline Mar 2)
Fireside Chat and Lunch with Holly Pulsifer and Susan Koso. Topics include:
- Preparing for CAA Driver Proficiency Evaluation
- 2016 CAA/CWF International Symposium in Colonial Williamsburg - presented by Holly, Boo Martin, and Barb Cochrane
- Carriage driving in England and Europe (Holly, Boo, and Barb)
Oct 10, CAA Evaluations at Touchstone Farm with a CAA Driving Proficiency Program Educator and Evaluator. More details about the October evaluations will be posted later in 2016.
Cost and Registration
Fireside chat sessions take place at Stepping Stone Lodge at Touchstone Farm. Cost for each session is $35, payable to Touchstone Farm. Advance registration is required.
Download the registration form (PDF), and return it with full payment to Touchstone Farm. You can also pay by credit card via our Payments page. Please note that a 4% processing fee is added to all credit card payments.
Questions? Contact Boo Martin at 603-654-6308 or firstname.lastname@example.org