Day Camp Activities
Our small size (each session has approximately
5 to 7 campers) means that we can tailor activities for the interests and abilities of the campers in each session.
We welcome both able-bodied campers and those with physical, cognitive/developmental challenges.
At Touchstone Farm, everyone becomes buddies in the barnyard, sharing a love of animals and the fun of good times with good friends in the sunshine and fresh air.
Campers who use wheelchairs, walkers, or other assistive devices, or who have a one-on-one aide, are encouraged to join us at the Day Camp at Touchstone Farm. Camp and farm staff - even our animals - are experts at ensuring that children and adults with disabilities get the most of out their camp experience.
All campers can participate in a large variety of activities at the farm. These include:
- Fun farm chores, such as collecting eggs from our chickens and grooming our horses (including our huge, loveable Clydesdale, Gruffy!)
- Horseback rides, on gentle horses such as Roxy and our many other beginner-friendly horses and ponies
- Carriage driving, because there's nothing Boo Martin loves more than taking a group of campers on a carriage ride
- Arts and crafts
- Visiting our small animals
- Storytelling, songs, and campfires
- Hayrides, games, gardening, cooking, water fun, and just hanging out together making friends and having fun