Equine Facilitated Mental Health ESMHL Workshop - Sept 27-30
Come to Touchstone Farm, a PATH Intl Premier Accredited Center for a three-day workshop of specialized training for equestrians who are interested in equine facilitated mental health and education programs.
Who Should Attend
This training is designed for:
- equine professionals,
- therapeutic riding Instructors, and
- those who wish to enhance their ability to work with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
Focus of this Workshop
This training focuses on:
- the specific role of the Equine Specialist when assisting or collaborating with human service providers,
- designing safe, mutually beneficial and effective activities to enhance participant outcomes,
- determining specific horse handling methods,
- understanding students with mental health and/or learning issues,
- assessing the horse’s response to student behaviors and needs, and
- helping prepare qualified participants to take the PATH Intl. Equine Specialist Certification.
PATH Intl. requires a three-step process to obtain the Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning Certification, of which this workshop is the first step. Additional information on this process is available on the PATH Intl. website.
Registering for this ESMHL Workshop
If you are interested in attending the ESMHL workshop and/or Practical Horsemanship Skills Exam, click (PDF) to download the registration packet. The packet includes details about the certification process and this workshop, costs, and housing options, as well as the registration forms.
Click here to pay online. ( Be sure to write in the notes the name of this event.)
Questions? Please contact Winter Keeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.