Pony Farm Philosophy
At Pony Farm Summer Camp, we believe riding and horsemanship are not ends in themselves, but a means to a larger goal. Life experiences interwoven with animals, the beauty of the land, and a caring community of people can foster qualities and skills that are not ‘taught’ anywhere else.
Our camp program is designed to:
- Provide a safe home away from home
- Enhance the love of horses through the teaching of riding and stable management
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
- Encourage self-growth
- Promote a sense of achievement through skill mastery
- Explore our responsibilities to care for other living things and the earth
- Foster independence, healthy self-assertion, and resistance to negative forms of peer pressure
- Enhance the ability to live as a contributing member of a group
- Provide a respite from the pressure of school grades and growing up too fast
- Enjoy our time together, coming away feeling refreshed and renewed!