Touchstone Farm Driving Program
The “Touchstone Difference” for Drivers
- A warm welcome awaits drivers of all levels, as well as those who want to watch and enjoy!
- Drivers do not need to own their own horses to be a part of our lesson program or Touchstone Driving Club.
- Dedicated, careful and experienced teachers who will focus upon learning how to have safe fun on the box seat.
- A thoughtfully considered teaching program with a systematic progression of skills to make learning successful, effective and enjoyable.
- A wide variety of miniature horses, ponies and horses which are willing and well-schooled to help beginners get a good, solid start with an emphasis on the basics of safe driving.
- A comprehensive facility designed with carriage drivers in mind. The Pony Farm/Touch Stone Farm farmhouse was originally a stage coach stop on the route between Boston and Montreal!
- Extensive dirt roads and small country lanes with low vehicular traffic surround the farm and serve as a beacon to carriage enthusiasts of all levels.
- An exciting array of lesson opportunities, driving clinics, and recreational drives are offered with inviting on-site lodging and meals for both horses and humans. It is also possible to earn an instructor certification through PATH Intl.
- Opportunity to travel with a group of like-minded individuals to local driving places of interest, enjoy beautiful pleasure drives and possibly engage in friendly competition.
- Opportunity to partially lease a driving mini, pony or horse to enjoy more regular driving and practice skills.
- The opportunity to see a PATH Intl. (formerly NARHA) accredited therapeutic driving program in action with the possibility of volunteering with the therapeutic driving crew.
- Bi-annual PATH Intl. Therapeutic Driving Instructor Workshops and Certifications held at Touchstone Farm.