2019 PATH Intl. Therapeutic Driving Workshop (Oct 8th – 10th) & Certification (Oct 10th – 12th) at Touchstone Farm!
PATH Intl. Driving Workshop – October 8th, begins at 4:00pm – October 10th, ending at 3:00pm
PATH Intl. Driving Instructor Certification – October 10th, begins at 5:00pm – October 12th, until the last exam is complete, typically ending by 5:00pm!
PATH Driving Workshop: This three-day workshop is a requirement for PATH Driving Instructor Certification. This workshop may be taken ‘back-to-back’ with the Certification, if so desired. The Workshop includes: Driving Safely, Harnessing, Putting To, Different Vehicles, How to Instruct Driving, Driving Equipment, Hands on Practice in Enclosed Arena, Training and Selection of Horses.
PATH Intl. Workshop participant application booklet. Please complete the application form found on pages 6-11 of the booklet and return with payment to Touchstone Farm 13 Pony Farm Lane Temple NH 03084
- Entire overview of the workshop, certification exam and application process
- Event fees, general schedule, directions, timing and travel details
- Link to PATH Intl. Workshop and Certification Application booklets
- Cancellation and transfer policy
- Optional onsite housing at Stepping Stone Lodge
- Application checklist and Touchstone Farm registration form
- Please note, auditors are not eligible for certification until they have attended the Workshop as a full participant.
- PATH Workshop Day 1, begins promptly at 4:00 pm!
- We strongly recommend that you plan to arrive at Touchstone Farm early to be ready to start on time.
- Please allow sufficient time for departure when making travel arrangements, Manchester Intl. Airport is 1 hour away!
- PATH Workshop Day 3, ends promptly at 3:00 pm! With 1-2 hour break for those participants staying on for PATH Driving Instructor Certification Exam!
- There are three PATH Intl. Driving Levels, for more information and details of how to achieve each level please visit the PATH website at https://www.pathintl.org/resources-education/certifications/driving
WHEN MAKING A PAYMENT ONLINE… Please note, online payment has been made with your mailed-in registration paperwork.
If you prefer to mail us your payment along with the registration forms, no problem.
Please, send your registration paperwork in right away to ensure your spot!
13 Pony Farm Lane
Temple NH 03084
ATTN: PATH Driving Workshop
IMPORTANT CERTIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS!
PATH Driving Instructor Certification: All candidates must first complete a PATH Intl. On-Site Driving Workshop as a full participant (not as an auditor) and then pass the PATH Intl. On-Site Driving Certification.
Driving Certification includes practicum portions and examinations, which will determine whether an individual meets the requirements for each level. At the conclusion of the certification, the candidate will be informed of the evaluator’s recommendation for certification of Level I or Level II. Candidates will be notified of their final results in writing by the PATH Intl. office.
**Make sure that you have successfully completed the PATH Intl. Driving Open Book Exam with a score of 92% or higher and the PATH Intl. Standards Course/Exam before September 23, 2019! To sign up for the exams, contact Bret Maceyak, PATH Intl. Instructor Cert. Coordinator, at (303) 452-1212 x114
- PATH Certification begins promptly at 5:00 pm!
- We strongly recommend that you plan to arrive at Touchstone Farm early to be ready to start on time
- PATH Certification typically continues past 4:00 pm!
- Manchester Intl. Airport is 1 hour away, please allow sufficient time for departure when making travel arrangements, !
PATH Intl. Certification Program Application booklet. Please complete the application form found on pages 19-29 of the booklet and return with payment to Touchstone Farm 13 Pony Farm Lane Temple NH 03084
- Please become familiar with the prerequisites, evaluation, criteria, and code of ethics before applying.
- Please use the checklist (pg. 7) when submitting the application to Touchstone Farm. Certification cannot be audited!
- There are three PATH Intl. Driving Levels, for more information and details of how to achieve each level please visit the PATH website at http://www.pathintl.org/resources-education/certifications/driving
*For additional information regarding the PATH Intl. Instructor Certification Program and PATH Intl. individual membership, please contact the PATH Intl. office at (800) 369-RIDE (7433) or visit the PATH Intl. website at www.pathintl.org
PATH Workshop (3 days) PATH Certification (3 days) * mandatory presence for testing
Day 1 – Tue. : 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Day 3 – Thurs. : 5:00 pm – testing from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Day 2- Wed. : 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Day 4 – Fri. : 8::00 am – 5:00 pm – continue testing all day
Day 3 – Thur. : 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Day 5 – Sat. : 8:00 am – testing until done! (approx. 5:00 pm)
- Please do not book return flights before 6:00 pm on the last day of the certification, Manchester NH Intl. Airport is 1 hour away!!
PATH Intl. Driving Workshop – Full Participant $400.00
PATH Intl. Driving Workshop – Auditor $175.00
PATH Intl. Driving Certification $525.00
*Completed paperwork and payment are due by September 8, 2019 for all participants.
*SPACE IS LIMITED, This is a very popular event offered on a first come, first served basis!
Tina Bennet, Lead Evaluator
A Lead Evaluator for PATH Intl. Driving Instructor workshop/certifications; 45-year career of working and training horses for riding and driving. Instructor certifications for both riding and driving with PATH Intl. and Michigan 4-H for over 25 years; a licensed USTA Groom, Owner Breeder, Trainer and Driver working with Standardbred’s since 1983; Program Director and Lead Instructor for the 4-H Horseback Riding for the Handicappers Program of Bay County and the Exceptional Horseback Riders of Saginaw County; since 1995 serves on and off the PATH Driving Committee as a committee member or advisor and currently is the committee chair; manager of Temptation Farm – a breeding, foaling, and training facility for Jensen Quarter Horses.
Lauren Fitzgerald, Associate Evaluator
Dually certified PATH Advanced Level and Driving Level III Instructor; a lead registered riding evaluator and lead driving evaluator; graduate of Centenary College’s program of Equine Studies with a concentration in instruction and training; a B.A. in English from Fordham University; active in equine assisted activities for many years and currently works at High Hopes Therapeutic Riding in Old Lyme, CT.; in 2015 received the Sis Gould Driving Award from PATH International.
HOST SITE – Touchstone Farm is a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center!
Touchstone Farm, the home of Horse Power
13 Pony Farm Lane Temple, NH 03084
(603) 654-6308. : www.touchstone-farm.org
For additional information, please contact Kris Young at info firstname.lastname@example.org