A HUGE “Thank You” to our Strategic Partners Who Help Make Our Magic Happen!
With over 150 children identified across the region as having suffered life altering traumatic events, Touchstone Farm has reached out to the following strategic partners to help cover the cost of our new middle school youth program, “Moving Forward Together”.
Our Moving Forward Together program is a personal empowerment program with the goal to help improve academic performance. This program is a direct result of the urgent need to improve the lives of children in our community impacted by the loss of a parent, loss of housing, violence, bullying, and sexual abuse.
Our program focuses on positive reinforcement, gaining trust, confidence, leadership skills, and compassion! Our positive outcomes are amazing! “All children increased their focus, quality of work, and academic performance in the classroom, significantly reducing their level of seeking negative attention with higher levels of confidence! Plus, emotional healing!”
Teacher comments were as follows:
- The student is more engaged, has an improved attitude and overtly contributory in class.
- I have seen an improvement in focus, work completion and quality of work over the past month since taking lessons at Touchstone Farm.
- When one student missed 90 days of school the previous year and ONLY 10 days of school this year, the principal asked, “What made the difference?” And the student replied, “I get to See work with the horses now!”
- Her math grade had slipped to a C-/D last year; now she is on track with a B.
- Superior effort! He did his best work yet in science class today!
We help the children manage their emotional burdens by providing a supportive environment outside of school that has a direct impact for positive results inside the classroom leading to a brighter future.
We intend to see that children affected by the loss of a parent or traumatic events continue on a positive path and become successful adults in our community despite their tragic past.