Drop Off Information
Plan to arrive at the Barbara C. Harris Center (see address below) between 3:00 and 5:00pm on Sunday. Please be aware that the center is closed until 3:00, so you should plan your travel accordingly. No early birds.
- Staff will greet you and direct you to the list showing your camper’s cabin assignment and assigned horse!
- Check in with Kris. Complete any remaining paperwork, if necessary.
- If your child has medications, hand them in at drop-off. Please make sure her medications are labeled and are all accounted for on her health forms.
- Bring your camper’s belongings into her cabin. If she wishes, you are most welcome to help her unpack, make her bed, etc.
- If you wish, you and your camper can head to the farm location at 233 Old Temple Road in Lyndeborough to look around. Please be aware there will be no camp staff at the property, as they will all be at the BCH Center.
- Plan to leave by 5:00 so that your child can begin settling into the camp routine.
- Don’t worry – your daughter will have a blast and if any illness or injury should come up, we will call you!
108 Wally Stone Lane
Greenfield, NH 03047
Picking Up Your Camper
Closing Day of each camp session is exciting and busy and bittersweet. We’ve developed a routine that gets your camper ready to show you what she’s learned as well as packed up to head home with you.
Below is the schedule for the closing Saturday of your camper’s session. All families are excited to see their camper, and for everyone’s enjoyment and safety, we ask that you please follow the schedule as presented.
|1:30 – 2pm||TSF – 233 Old Temple Road, Lyndeborough, NH||Check in with Kris.
Load your camper’s belongings into your car.
Check the posted list to see where your camper will ride during the Riding Demonstration.
|2 – 4pm||Riding Rings||Gather around your daughter’s ring and watch her ride while the Senior Riding Counselor explains what she worked on during her stay.|
||The Lawn||After her riding demonstration, your daughter puts away her horse and tack while you do any final packing up.
We will have drinks and ice cream for a small “ice cream social” before saying goodbye.
During this picnic, members of our Touchstone Board of Directors make a very brief presentation (max of 10 minutes) about the farm and what happens here the rest of the year. We hope this will be a nice cap on your visit and you learn how vital the mission of the farm is for so many people.
|5-5:30||You can plan to leave by 5:00 – 5:30 – depending on how long it takes your daughter to say goodbye to the staff, her friends, and, of course, her pony!|