When do I DROP OFF my camper?
Plan to arrive at the Barbara C. Harris Center between 3:00 and 5:00 pm on the Sunday of your camper’s session. The BCH Center is closed until 3 pm that Sunday, so you should plan your travel accordingly and please do not arrive too early.
What do we do when we arrive?
- Check your camper in at the registration desk
- Room assignments and horse matches will be posted
- If your child has medications, give them to our camp director(s) at the registration desk
- Bring your camper’s belongings into her room and help her settle in
- You may travel to our Lyndeborough farm location to look around, but be advised there will be no camp staff present
- Plan to leave by 5:00 pm so that your camper can begin to settle in.
What is the best way for me to communicate with my camper while at Pony Farm Summer Camp?
- E-mails are the best way to be in touch with staff or your camper during camp. The camper e-mail address is: email@example.com We check, print, and deliver any e-mails to the camper’s room’s mailbox every day. Staff are committed to checking e-mail before 11:00am each day and once more before the evening is through.
- Feel free to mail letters or send packages as well to your camper, but please make sure the letters and/or packages arrive during the 4 day camp week.
How do I get regular updates on my camper during their session?
- We post regular updates about camp activities on our Instagram @ponyfarmsummercamp
- We also post on the farm’s two Facebook pages: www.facebook.com/ponyfarmsummercamp and www.facebook.com/TouchstoneFarm11
- We DISCOURAGE the use of electronics and keeping campers “unplugged” while at camp. We ENCOURAGE connections with each other, the horses, the outdoors and nature!
When do I PICK UP my camper?
Plan to arrive at the farm, 233 Old Temple Road in Lyndeborough NH, on the Thursday of your camper’s session. Please arrive between 1:30-2pm.
What do I do when I arrive?
- Check in with Kris.
- Gather your camper’s belongings (already at the farm) and load your vehicle.
- Go to your camper’s riding ring where she will be riding in her lesson for a demonstration
- Camp will supply ice cream and drinks for everyone. We will have our closing ceremony on the lawn.
- You can plan to leave the farm around 5:00 pm.
Can I reach my camper by phone?
- The answer is, you can not. Always feel free to call the office phone: 603 654 8564 and you can leave a message which we will check for often.
- Campers are not allowed to have cell phones at camp.
- In case of illness or injury to your camper – we will get in touch with you to let you know.
How do I reach staff in an emergency?
- For a night-time emergency, you may call Kris Young’s cell phone at: 603-801-6737. Please reserve this for emergencies ONLY.