Touchstone Farm’s Role with Veterans
The Touchstone team welcomes veterans from all eras. We also welcome families of veterans as well as trusted support members and friends.
Veterans find their way to the farm through various avenues:
- The Home Base program in Boston, MA
- Local Veteran Centers (NH, MA)
- New Hampshire Veteran’s Administration Hospital
- The Touchstone Farm Facebook page
- Best of all – word of mouth from other veterans, family, and friends!
Our team is comprised of nationally certified instructors, well-trained volunteers, and an extensive equestrian facility. We are proud to offer an excellent variety of safe, fun and satisfying experiences with horses for our deserving veterans. We also have a variety of smaller horses, ponies and farm animals for veterans and their families to enjoy when not riding. Our team has worked hard to gather appropriate horses, equipment, and facilities to accommodate all ages and abilities.
Operation: Horse Power
Operation: Horse Power is a community of veterans who work with civilian counselors, equine professionals, and horses trained to work with veterans and their families. This program encourages and empowers veterans to:
- Overcome obstacles
- Re-establish bonds
- Reintegrate into civilian life
At Operation Horse Power individuals can:
- Attend weekday and weekend programs that accommodate work schedules
- Connect with veterans who have “been there, done that” too
- Team up with our horses in the proven therapy of equine-facilitated psychotherapy (EFP)
- Re-energize with physical activities such as carriage driving and horseback riding
- Bring family to special programs to help veterans reconnect with their loved ones
- Relax in the peace and beauty of our 28-acre farm in Temple, NH (just 90 mins. from Boston)